ADSM-L

ODBC Freeze

2000-01-03 15:01:29
Subject: ODBC Freeze
From: Richard Taft <Rich.Taft AT RICOH-USA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 15:01:29 -0500
I am currently running ADSM Ver 3.1.2.40 on an AIX Ver 4.1.5 Machine.  I would
like to create a report that shows what files are stored for each node on the
system &  I'd also like to create a report that shows what files are stored on
each of my off Site backup tapes.  I know this can be a very large report, but
it is going to be used for monthly billings to each department.

I'm running Access 97 (SR-2) on an NT4 with service pack 5 running on a Pent II
with 128 Megs memory and a 6 gig hard drive. When I Link to the Contents table
on the server every thing works fine until I try to do any searching or page
down more then 10 or so pages.  At that time the Access program freezes (shows
"not responding" in the task manager) and I have to kill the access application.

I'm using the ADSM ODBC driver Ver 3.01.00.07 and ODBC Ver 3.510.37121.0

Anyone have any clue what the problem is & how to correct it.

Rich Taft