ADSM-L

Re: Got Linux client to almost work under FreeBSD 3.3

1999-12-30 20:55:15
Subject: Re: Got Linux client to almost work under FreeBSD 3.3
From: Carl Makin <carl AT XENA.AIPO.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 12:55:15 +1100
On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, [iso-8859-1] Bj�rn Rhoads wrote:

> I have currently gotten the Linux client 3.1 under FreeBSD 3.3 to talk
> to a 3.1 server running AIX.

You're also about to run into the problem that the Linux emulation in
FreeBSD prepends /compat/linux to the start of most paths so you will only
ever be able to backup the linux emulation parts of the system.  There
are people working on that now but it may be a while before it is
backported to 3.x.

I suggest you move back to the using the SCO v2 client under iBCS2
emulation.  I have the details here if you would like me to email them to
you.

Carl.