ADSM-L

DSMCUTIL - Access Violation

1999-12-29 11:08:38
Subject: DSMCUTIL - Access Violation
From: Dirk Billerbeck <dirk.billerbeck AT GECITS-EU DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:08:38 +0100
Hello,

I want to change the nodename used for the scheduler service on my ADSM server
from the default CLIENT to ADSM_CL because the node CLIENT will be removed. So I
decided to update the service with the following command:

dsmcutil upd /name:"ADSM Scheduler" /node:ADSM_CL /password:<password>
/autostart:yes

Before that the node ADSM_CL had been registered on the server with the command

reg node ADSM_CL <password> passexp=0 us=none backdel=yes

When I try to update the scheduler service DSMCUTIL crashes with an access
violation 0xc00000005 in address 0x10006e43. But that doesn't happen when I use
the additional parameter /validate:no.

Can anybody give me a hint what I'm doing wrong and where I might have to look
for the reason of this error?

System environment:

Server:             Win NT ADSM v3.1.2.50
B/A Client on server:    Win32 v3.1.0.7.F2
Windows NT:         NT 4.0, SP 5, German

TIA.

CU/2,
                Dirk Billerbeck

Dirk Billerbeck
GE CompuNet Kiel
Network and Systems Management
Am Jaegersberg 20, 24161 Altenholz (Kiel), Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 431 / 3609 - 117, Fax: +49 (0) 431 / 3609 - 190,
Internet: dirk.billerbeck @ gecits-eu.com

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.
If you have received this mail in error, please tell us
immediately by return email and delete the document.