ADSM-L

Re: Y2K ADSM System "Snapshot"

2015-10-04 17:36:17
Subject: Re: Y2K ADSM System "Snapshot"
From: Phil Bone [mailto:PBone AT AFLAC DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Scott,

Yes, we considered it.  Our concern was the amount of time that it would
take to create another copy of the 220 primary tapes.  We only have about 16
hrs after the last backup before the tapes have to be ready.  We also have
to get the "daily processing" done (i.e. migration, backup primary tapepool,
expiration, database backups, ect.) which usually takes 6 - 8 hours.

Another thing against us in creating a second copy pool was we were out of
tapes at the time!  I just received 300 in last week.  (That was close!)

Thanks for the response.

Phil Bone
Sr. Systems Consultant
Network Services, Infrastructure Management
Office: 706.596.5928
Fax: 706.596.5950
Email: pbone AT aflac DOT com
Email: philbone AT mindspring DOT com