ADSM-L

Re: Disaster Recovery

1999-12-28 12:33:39
Subject: Re: Disaster Recovery
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 12:33:39 -0500
A *lot* of this will depend on the type of D/R comitment management wants.

We are mandated to recover, within 48 hours of declaration of disaster, our
SAP database environment to within 48 hours of the failure. We are also
committed to recovering two exchange servers and a fax server at this same
level. I move 12 DLT tapes off-site daily to cover this. As a result, I
*should* be able to recover to within 24 hours of time of failure -- unless
the system dies on a Sunday. (The Saturday and Sunday tapes actually go
off-site on Monday. . .)

We have successfully run the D/R test three out of five times. We failed
once on hardware issues, and once because our documented procedures were
missing a few steps from a hardware/software upgrade.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc