ADSM-L

Re: Disaster Recovery

1999-12-28 12:32:08
Subject: Re: Disaster Recovery
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 12:32:08 -0500
Hi Sean,
We are ADSM 3.1.2.42 on AIX.

Our largest server moves 35-40 GB nightly, 450 clients, mixed NT servers,
Aix servers, NT and Win95 desktops.  A smaller server moves 2-10 GB per day.

Currently using DLT7000, converting even as we speak to STK9840's.
We move tapes offsite daily, 4-15 tapes per day; but our "Vault" is just
another building on campus, so one of our operators does it, no commercial
courier involved.

Hope that's useful...

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert