ADSM-L

Re: Disaster Recovery

1999-12-28 12:07:33
Subject: Re: Disaster Recovery
From: Brian Nick <BRIAN_NICK AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 12:07:33 -0500
Hi Sean.

   We are running ADSM 3.1.2.40 on OS/390 2.5 and have been using DRM for about
1.5 years. We move our tapes off-site daily. Run a full backup on Sunday Night
at 24:00 and an incremental Monday through Saturday. The number of tapes that
are moved is influenced by the amount of data that you backup, device type and
if collocation is in use or not. In our scenario our copy pool is collocated and
we are moving about 92GB a day and the incremental backup as well in 6 tapes.
Our media is STK 9840's. We haven't done DR test as yet but will be 3Q of 2000.
Hope this helps. Good Luck!!

Brian

Sean McNamara <mcnams AT PJM DOT COM> on 12/28/99 11:31:58 AM