ADSM-L

Re: ANR8820W

1999-12-28 09:25:03
Subject: Re: ANR8820W
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 09:25:03 -0500
Hi:

I noticed an error on backing up to a copypool:

ANR1221E BACKUP STGPOOL: insufficient space in target copy pool.

Doing a q stg I see:

OFFSITEVOLS  3494ATAPE   3,500,973.   32.7

Which would indicate a large percentage available. However, doing a q stg f=d I
see:

               Storage Pool Name: OFFSITEVOLS
               Storage Pool Type: Copy
               Device Class Name: 3494ATAPE
         Estimated Capacity (MB): 3,501,058.5
                        Pct Util: 32.7
                        Pct Migr:
                     Pct Logical: 99.0
                    High Mig Pct:
                     Low Mig Pct:
                 Migration Delay:
              Migration Continue:
             Migration Processes:
               Next Storage Pool:
            Reclaim Storage Pool:
          Maximum Size Threshold:
                          Access: Read/Write
               Overflow Location:
           Cache Migrated Files?:
                      Collocate?: No
           Reclamation Threshold: 100

Does the percent logical mean that the percent available is actually 0 because
the pool calculation takes into concideration the space on the volumes that
includes reclaimable data?

Larry Clark
NYS Thruway Authority