ADSM-L

Update - Y2K ADSM System "Snapshot"

1999-12-28 09:00:19
Subject: Update - Y2K ADSM System "Snapshot"
From: Phil Bone <PBone AT AFLAC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 09:00:19 -0500
Thanks to everyone for their responses!

A special thanks to David Bohm for pointing out the major risk of not having
a backup copies in the event of media failure.  And another word of thanks
Scott Susi and Steve Fletcher for their suggestion on creating a second copy
pool.  That by far is the safest option, if you have the tapes.

When we were putting this plan together few weeks ago, we did not know if we
would get the tapes in time, so destroying the copy pool tapes was just
about the only option.  Now that the tapes are in, we are (happy to say)
currently in the process of creating the "Y2KPOOL", the second set of copy
pool tapes.  Now if we can just finish in time.....

Thanks again!

Phil Bone
Sr. Systems Consultant
Network Services, Infrastructure Management
Office: 706.596.5928
Fax: 706.596.5950
Email: pbone AT aflac DOT com
Email: philbone AT mindspring DOT com