ADSM-L

Re: Y2K ADSM System "Snapshot"

1999-12-27 13:31:18
Subject: Re: Y2K ADSM System "Snapshot"
From: Phil Bone <PBone AT AFLAC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 13:31:18 -0500
Mark,

(I am guessing here) Are suggesting that I archive all the filesystems for
each client?  That would certainly accomplish the task, however, it would
not satisfy the requirement I have for the pre-Y2K tapes to be "separate and
identifiable".

I have thought about increasing the setting of the "Versions Data Exists"
parameter (currently five) on the Backup and Archive Copy Groups.  This
would allow me to do a Point-in-Time restore further back.  Unfortunately,
at this point I don't know how long I will need to keep the tapes.

Also, I have 140 clients which further complicates things.

Thanks for the response.

Phil Bone
Sr. Systems Consultant
Network Services, Infrastructure Management
Office: 706.596.5928
Fax: 706.596.5950
Email: pbone AT aflac DOT com
Email: philbone AT mindspring DOT com