ADSM-L

Re: HP-UX Bare Metal Restore

1999-12-23 14:03:57
Subject: Re: HP-UX Bare Metal Restore
From: "France, Don (Pace)" <don.france-eds AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 13:03:57 -0600
We've been experimenting with a script that calls ADSMPIPE to accomplish a
generic mksysb for Unix;  we've practiced on Solaris, it moves data very
fast... we plan to use it in concert with the bootable-CD for machine
recovery.  ADSMPIPE source code is available at the SSD (or Tivoli) web
site.  You can use it to access raw volumes, or pipe data to it from logical
volumes;  works fine.

Hope this helps.
Don France

Technical Architect, P.A.C.E.