ADSM-L

Different Physical Space Occupied

1999-12-23 08:23:35
Subject: Different Physical Space Occupied
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 14:23:35 +0100
Just out of curiosity:
When I do a QUERY OCC for a filespace on the tape pool TAPE I get the
numbers of line 1.
If I do a QUERY OCC for the same fielspace on the copy pool COPY (line 2) I
get different numbers
for the "Physical Space Occupied".
Why? Shouldn't the filespaces occupy the same amount of space on a tape
regardless of the storage
pool they belong to?

QUERY OCC * * STGPOOL=COPY or STGPOOL=TAPE

Node Name         Type  Filespace     Number of   Physical    Logical
                        Name              Files      Space      Space
                                                  Occupied   Occupied
                                                      (MB)       (MB)
RS53              Bkup  /u1               9,661  10,089.01  10,072.65
RS53              Bkup  /u1               9,661  10,089.01  10,072.65
RS53              Bkup  /u1               9,661  10,088.54  10,072.65

Kind regards
Thomas Rupp
Vorarlberger Illwerke AG
MAIL:   thomas.rupp AT illwerke DOT at