ADSM-L

Re: Garbage characters in the ADSM Web admin interface

1999-12-21 18:55:45
Subject: Re: Garbage characters in the ADSM Web admin interface
From: Carl Makin <carl AT XENA.AIPO.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 10:55:45 +1100
Hi John,

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, John Schneider wrote:

> have installed version 3, we have not been able to get the Web admin
> interface to work properly.  It works kinda-sorta; in other words, it
> appears to work for a few screens, then it will get some garbage
> characters scattered in the middle of the HTML data, which messes up the

We're seeing the same thing here.  H70, AIX 4.3.2, dedicated
machine.  Garbage characters in the web admin.  We've managed to minimise
it by fiddling with the language settings and making sure /etc/environment
has the following;

LOCPATH=/usr/lib/nls/loc
NLSPATH=/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N:/usr/lib/nls/msg/en_US/%N:/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N.cat:/usr/lib/nls/msg/en_US/%N.cat
LC_MESSAGES=en_US

but the problem still occurs.  Interestingly the first time I installed
3.1.2.40 on that same machine it didn't have that problem and the old
machine, a F50, Aix 4.2.1 running 3.1.2.42 didn't have the problem at all.

Unless it gets resolved shortly I'll be putting in a call to IBM early in
the new year.

Carl.