ADSM-L

Re: Selectively deleting files

1999-12-21 18:28:30
Subject: Re: Selectively deleting files
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 15:28:30 -0800
I agree with Josh that the only way to do this is to "push"
(I like that image) the backups out of ADSM. But couldn't
you rebind the files to a different MC right now--
one that has new copy/retention parameters--and then push it out
through this MC? That way, if you *are* in a situation of having
to push out 20 versions, you reduce the number of bogus backups
you do. This would be especially true if you tried to do it by
backing up zero-length files. After all, can you make a change
to a zero-length file that would cause it to be backed up?

 -- Tom

Thomas A. La Porte
DreamWorks Feature Animation
tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com