ADSM-L

TSM on a Cluster NT Environment

1999-12-20 16:10:37
Subject: TSM on a Cluster NT Environment
From: Gerardo Zapata <gzapata AT AVANTEL DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 13:10:37 -0800
I am running TSM v3.7 on an NT 4.0 Cluster. I am performing some tests to
ensure reliability of the arrange. One of these tests consists in launching a
large backup from a client outside the cluster through the public network and
force the failure of one of the machines on the cluster. It is supposed that
the restart must be transparent for the client, and once the other machine on
the cluster takes control of the resources the TSM should reopen the session
and the backup should continue to complete. But once the TSM restarts the
session to complete the back up, the following message appears on the client:
                          ! TCP/IP communication error
and the 'q ses' command on the server displays the following:
                         Session status      IDLEW          instead of
RUN

I don't know what could be causing this.

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

Gerardo Zapata
Tivoli Prfessional Services/ADSM