ADSM-L

Re: 3590 and ADSM

1999-12-17 04:23:56
Subject: Re: 3590 and ADSM
From: Stanislav KESTER <kester AT ZELPO DOT SK>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 10:23:56 +0100
Hello Carol !

Carol Trible wrote:

> Hello Stano,
>
> On MVS and VM, if you are using estimated capacity, 3590 drives will report
> full when estimated capacity is reached, but will fill until they get an end
> of
> volume signal from the drive.  If you use maxcapacity, they will stop filling
> at that capacity.  You can set the estimated capacity to match the results
> you are seeing by using the UPDATE DEVCLASS command.  This won't affect how
> much data is on the drive, but will make your percentage full more accurate
> for your filling tapes.

I done UPDATE DEVCLASS CART3590 ESTCAPACITY=20G, but when I see Q
VOLUME, column with ESTCAPACITY is stiil 9 GB (or more on cartridge,
where I have more data, then 9 GB). I think, that this isn't correct.

Output from Q VOLUME command:
volume
ANR2017I Administrator SERVER_CONSOLE issued command: QUERY
VOLUME

Volume Name               Storage      Device      Estimated    Pct
Volume
                          Pool Name    Class Name   Capacity   Util
Status

(MB)
------------------------  -----------  ----------  ---------  -----
--------
--------
AIXS01                    AIX_SIET_P-  CART3590      9.216,0    5,3
AIXS01                    AIX_SIET_P-  CART3590      9.216,0    5,3
Filling

OOL

MIS01                     MISARCHIVP-  CART3590     14.825,9  100,0
Filling

OOL
MIS02                     MISARCHIVP-  CART3590          0,0    0,0
Empty

OOL
PC01                      PCSTGPOOL    CART3590      9.216,0   28,4
Filling
SPACE1                    SPACEMGPOOL  CARTRIDGE         0,0    0,0
Empty
adsm>

Output from Q VOLUME CART3590 FORMAT=DETAILED is:
q devclass cart3590
q devclass cart3590
format=detailed
ANR2017I Administrator SERVER_CONSOLE issued command: QUERY DEVCLASS
cart3590
format=detailed

             Device Class Name:
CART3590
        Device Access Strategy:
Sequential
            Storage Pool Count:
3
Last Update by (administrator):
SERVER_CONSOLE
         Last Update Date/Time: 17.12.1999
09:32:36
                   Device Type:
3590
         Maximum Capacity
(MB):
       Estimated Capacity (MB):
20.480,0
           Dataset Name Prefix:
ADSM
                   Mount Limit:
2
         Mount Retention (min):
10
                    Label Type:
IBMSL
               Expiration Date:
99365
              Mount Wait (min):
60
                        Format:
3590C

Length:
                       Display:
Alternate

Filemode:
                     Directory:
                   Server Name:
                  Retry Period:
                Retry Interval:

adsm>

Stano
| Zeleziarne Podbrezova a.s.    Ing. Stanislav KESTER     |
| Ironworks  Podbrezova         system engineer           |
| computer centre               mailto:kester AT zelpo DOT sk    |
| Kolkaren 35                   http://www.zelpo.sk       |
| 976 81 POBREZOVA              tel: +421-867-6452491     |
| Slovak Republic               fax: +421-867-6452402     |

*** email bol kontrolovany antivirom / email was checked by antivirus