ADSM-L

Antwort: How to delete Informix logs

1999-12-16 14:56:47
Subject: Antwort: How to delete Informix logs
From: Rainer Holzinger <Rainer.Holzinger AT HAINDL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 20:56:47 +0100
Eduardo,

there is no way to that from a specific date backward.

I  have  four  SAP R/3 systems with Informix 7.33 uc7xk running. Because of
the  problems  you too have discoverd now, I'm backing up the Informix logs
of  each one SAP R/3 system into a separate storage pool. On a monthly base
I  pick  up the first Infomix log number belonging to the "oldest" Informix
db  backup  of  each  system.  Then  I delete all storage pool volumes with
'discard  data=yes'  that  are  only holding Informix log numbers which are
less  than  the  one  picked up before. That means I'm deleting all storage
pool  volumes that are only have Informix logs to Informix db backups which
already have expired.

That's the way I do it. Hope this will help a little.

regards from Augsburg/Germany
Rainer