ADSM-L

Generictape drive not recognized

1999-12-16 12:09:16
Subject: Generictape drive not recognized
From: Tomas Hallin <thwork AT MINDSPRING DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:09:16 -0500
Hi ADSMers,

I'm trying to attach a HP T20 tape drive to my NT ADSM Server
(3.1.2.40).  The ADSMSCSI driver doesn't support this device, so it
will have to be a GENERICTAPE type drive.  I've verified that NT sees
it and is able to use it just fine by doing a standard NT backup of
some files, and it works just swell.  However, ADSM doesn't like the
drive one bit.  The Device Configuration Wizard sees it as \\.\TAPE0,
but the define drive command fails with "ANR8420E DEFINE DRIVE: An I/O
error occurred while accessing drive T20_1" and "ANS5120I Return code
3".  The device is powered on and all that.

So, I must be doing something wrong.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

/Tomas