ADSM-L

Re: TSO Admin client: TCP/IP connection failure.

1999-12-15 12:32:35
Subject: Re: TSO Admin client: TCP/IP connection failure.
From: David Bohm <bohm AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:32:35 -0700
Try checking your TSO region size.  It could be a failure in obtaining the
comm buffers.
If it is a problem with authorization I would expect some RACF message that
gives
additional details about an authorization problem.

 errno 156 is EMVSINITIAL which is not listed in the TCP/IP manuals as a
possible
return code for a socket() call.

From a RACF perspective, you can make sure your RACF user has a UID
defined in an OMVS segment.  Use the RACF command LISTUSER to check
for a UID in the OMVS segment.  If not using RACF then check the
appropriate
area in your security package for the similar function.

David Bohm
ADSM server development
email - bohm AT us.ibm DOT com