ADSM-L

Re: bare metal recorery: cannot relsolve NTFS - Paths (was:Driveletter)

1999-12-15 04:18:05
Subject: Re: bare metal recorery: cannot relsolve NTFS - Paths (was:Driveletter)
From: Martin Ohmer <mohmer AT C-TRONIC DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:18:05 +0100
Hello Reinald,

got the same Problem. It is not a NTFS Problem alone.
The adsm client gets long filenames from NT in FAT & NTFS see dsmsched.log
and query the content
of the tape on the ADSM Server.

I think the key is to tell NT( maybe through the adsm client ) to resolve
the long filenames to 8.3
so

    C:\programme\Mouse\ in NT GUI is actually  C:\progra~1\Mouse\    in

NT  NTFS or FAT filesystem.
The searched file may be found in C:\progra~2\Mouse\ after the Restore.

If you or someone got a solution I'd be glad to get a reply

Best Regards

        Martin Ohmer