ADSM-L

Re: Import

1999-12-14 06:45:28
Subject: Re: Import
From: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 12:45:28 +0100
Hello Keith,

we use the export function to free space in the adsm db and storage pool:

export node, specify filespaces (ex. servername\filspace name) or all (*).

delete exported filespaces, delete exported node.

You get a tape with name of ADSM.EXP

Do not forget to change the retention period for the tape afterwards, as
default is "externally controlled" and the tape would be scratch when you do
the DELETE VOLHIST. We force retention yyyy/ddd for instance using our TMS
CA1 (OS/390).

Salutations,

Rene Lambelet
Nestec SA - 55, Av. Nestle - CH-1800 Vevey
Tel: ++41'21'924'35'43 / Fax: ++41'21'924'45'89
E-Mail: rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com