ADSM-L

Re: FW: TSM errors

1999-12-11 18:39:22
Subject: Re: FW: TSM errors
From: Rodrigo Gazzaneo <rodrigo_gazzaneo AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 18:39:22 EST
Without Recovery Log free space, ADSM/TSM can't have any other
transactions allowed. Do one of these :

1) backup db devclass=... type=...

When you backup ADSM/TSM's database, recovery log is cleaned
up. You can run incremental backups as long as your log is in
rollforward mode (what looks like it is).

2) extend log

Allocate more log space, so you won't run out of log space
again in little time.

3) Set backupdbtrigger

Based on log usage, automatically runs backup db. See 1.

If you don't enough disk space for the recovery log, set it
to normal mode (circular area) and give up incremental db
backups.

regards,
Rodrigo