ADSM-L

Re: AS/400 adsm admin-interface?

1999-12-10 12:49:39
Subject: Re: AS/400 adsm admin-interface?
From: "Nast, Jeff" <JNast AT SMDC DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:49:39 -0600
Hi Gert,

We must be the few and the proud to run ADSM server on an AS/400 platform!

The fact that you get the login prompt on the browser is a good sign! The
login prompt means that TCP/IP and the HTTP port (1580?) is active. But
let's start by checking the following anyway:
go adsm > 1. Utilities > 3. Change server options > [enter if you use the
default library "QUSRADSM"]

scroll down to "HTTP communication method:" and check the following:
Enable HTTP....*YES
HTTP port......1580

I had to do the PRPWEB twice before it would work for me. So, end the
server:
go adsm > 11. End server > 4. Verify server status [do this until the server
is not running]

When the server has stopped, start the PRPWEB again:
STRSVRADSM SVRMODE(*PRPWEB)

Monitor the start up messages.:
go adsm > 3. Display console messages

This is what I see intermixed with the normal messages when running PRPWEB
   ANR4693I Interface Driver information will be loaded in quiet mode: Only

   warning and error messages will be displayed.

   Auditing Interface Driver definitions.

   Auditing Interface Driver Groups.

   Auditing Interface Driver Group Members.

   Auditing Interface Driver Classes.

   Auditing Interface Driver Complex Class containers.

   Auditing Interface Driver Operations.

   Auditing Interface Driver Operation Parameters.

   Interface Driver audit completed - definitions are consistent.

The server will end after completion of the PRPWEB. Start the server again:
go adsm > 10. Start server > 4. Verify server status [do this until the
server is running]

Open your web browser and enter the following:
http://your.ip.address.here:1580

Hopefully it will work for you this time!

-Jeff Nast