ADSM-L

Backup to Copyppol different to Migrated

2015-10-04 17:36:16
Subject: Backup to Copyppol different to Migrated
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi,
Here is one that has me puzzled.
One of our dasd pools shows over 11 gigabytes occupied

 Storage      Device       Estimated    Pct    Pct  High  Low  Next
 Pool Name    Class Name    Capacity   Util   Migr   Mig  Mig  Storage
                                (MB)                 Pct  Pct  Pool
 -----------  ----------  ----------  -----  -----  ----  ---  ----------
DSSTD        DISK          16,276.5   68.4   68.4    80   50  DS9840

I ran a backup to copy pool process which completes ok but only copies 5
gigabytes ie.

ANR0986I Process 910 for BACKUP STORAGE POOL running in the BACKGROUND
processed 29673 items for a total of 5,357,125,632 bytes with a
completion
state of SUCCESS at 13:50:27.
ANR1214I Backup of primary storage pool DSSTD to copy storage pool
DSCP01 has
ended.  Files Backed Up: 29673, Bytes Backed Up: 5357125632, Unreadable
Files:
0, Unreadable Bytes: 0.

I then ran a migration process which completes ok for the full 11 gigabytes
ie.
ANR0986I Process 915 for MIGRATION running in the BACKGROUND processed
54701
items for a total of 11,673,124,864 bytes with a completion state of
SUCCESS at
16:11:30.

What is this telling me ?
When I have looked at this before the values have been the same.
Any ideas?

John

The information in this E-Mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It may not represent the views of Scottish and Southern
Energy plc.
It is intended solely for the addressees. Access to this E-Mail by
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted
Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of
the error in transmission.

Scottish Hydro-Electric and Southern Electric are trading names of
Scottish and Southern Energy Group