ADSM-L

Re: Backupsets

1999-12-10 03:23:21
Subject: Re: Backupsets
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 09:23:21 +0100
Julie,

from what I read in the TSM 3.7 Technical Guide (see
<http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpieces/abstracts/sg245477.html>
pp. 37-56), I would expect you to be able to create the backup set
in a FILE, which then can be transfered by whatever means are appropriate
(e.g. FTP it directly to the client, or transfer it to a small system
near your OS/390 server, burn it on CDROM there (or on JAZZ, or on ZIP)
and ship that media to the client).

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet