ADSM-L

Re: multi drive restore failing with "disk full condition"

1999-12-09 08:58:12
Subject: Re: multi drive restore failing with "disk full condition"
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 08:58:12 -0500
>One of my clients recently performed a restore using the GUI.  They clicked
>on the machine name in the GUI and all drives were selected (C: and D:).

Computers do what humans tell them to (well, most of the time).
The ADSM GUI is wont to auto-select the names of file systems which
were very recently backed up, as an apparent convenience for Restoral.
We just have to be careful in specifying what we really want restored.
Your clients should be annoyed with themselves, not ADSM.
     Richard Sims, BU