ADSM-L

Re: SETUP.BAT provided with Win32 client

1999-12-08 08:40:44
Subject: Re: SETUP.BAT provided with Win32 client
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 07:40:44 -0600
Hi,
I'm normally used to using setup.exe, I'll change back to that. Thanks!
Julie

Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM> on 12/08/99 08:03:12 AM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:    (bcc: Julie Phinney/Green Bay/Humana)

Hi again Julie,

Actually, the intent is for you to run SETUP.EXE. Is SETUP.BAT in
the Disk1 directory? It should be in Disk1's parent directory,
tsmcli\win32\intel. I just downloaded the PTF to verify this.

SETUP.EXE used to reside in the ..\intel directory. However, with
one of the later version 3.1 PTFs, it was moved to ..\intel\Disk1.
For people accustomed to running SETUP from the ..\intel directory,
we did not want them to wonder what happened to the SETUP program.
So SETUP.BAT was created. It simply cd's into the Disk1 directory,
then invokes SETUP.EXE.

The preferred way to start the setup, though, is to cd into
..\intel\Disk1, then run SETUP.EXE.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

I noticed that when I run the SETUP.BAT  that is in the DISK1 install
directory for the WIN32 client (on my Win 95 machine) it leaves a DOS
window called Finished - setup   open on my task bar.
Anyone else seen that?
Thanks,
Julie