ADSM-L

Re: TSM WIN32 client dsm.opt file

1999-12-08 09:17:48
Subject: Re: TSM WIN32 client dsm.opt file
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 06:17:48 -0800
Hi Julie,

Beginning with one of the 3.1.0.7 fixtests and continued with the 3.7
version, a dialog was added to the end of the setup program that
gives the user the options to (1) View the README file, and (2) start
the Backup GUI (if a reboot is required after the install, then this
dialog is not displayed).

Unless your users run silent install, they should most likely see
this dialog. You might take a look at it and see if you want to update
your configuration instructions to step them through the configuration
wizard instead of editing the dsm.opt file directly. If that seems
feasible to you, then you could have your users either select the option
to start the Backup GUI, or in the case where a reboot is required,
start the Backup GUI after rebooting. For first-time installs where no
previous dsm.opt exists, the configuration wizard will be displayed
when the Backup GUI starts.

Hope this helps,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Hi  Andy,
We usually had users run the install program, click Backup client options
and configure per an instruction sheet, then start their scheduler.  They
don't start the Backup GUI first.
I will add that step to their install doc.
Thanks for the help!
Julie

Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM> on 12/07/99 10:52:21 PM