ADSM-L

OracleConnect agent and EBUon AIX

1999-12-07 11:52:05
Subject: OracleConnect agent and EBUon AIX
From: Thiha Than <thiha AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 09:52:05 -0700
hi Clarence,

>We have the following environment:
>AIX 4.3(SP2)
>ADSM API V3.1.7
>ORACLE 7.3.4.4

>We installed the ORACLEConnect agent V2.1.7 and then installed EBU V2. Our
ADSM
>environment variables are set:
>DSMI_CONFIG=/usr/lpp/adsmagent/aob/dsm.opt
>DSMI_DIR=/usr/lpp/adsmagent/aob
>DSMI_LOG=/usr/lpp/adsmagent/aob

>When we try to run the EBU register(register target database) job with
EBU; we
>get the follwing:
>oracle : test > ebu regtest
>Oracle7 Enterprise Backup Utility: Release 2.2.0.5.0 - Production on Mon
Dec  6
>12:48:27 1999

>Starting Catalog Database verification

>Please Enter the Connect information for the catalog database
>The username you enter will be used to store the EBU catalog tables
>Username:

I think you will have to give 'sys' and its password for this.

I have a few comments for your env setups.  First please download 2.1.7D
fixtest from ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/adsm/fixtest/.  Your
DSMI_DIR should be pointing to API install directory, not agent install
directory.  Please make sure that oracle user has write access to DSMI_LOG
directory.

regards,
Thiha