ADSM-L

Volume mismatch?

1999-12-03 10:13:13
Subject: Volume mismatch?
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 09:13:13 -0600
Due to the nature of our HACMP setup here we often run a comparison of data
volumes checked into the library versus volumes which exist in tape storage
pools. After all, both these lists should be concurrent. As I stated earlier
due to a feature of our hacmp setup, adsm sometimes checks tapes out of the
library which exist in storage pools.

We run the comparison scripts, find out which volumes have been mistakenly
checked out and we check them back in again.

This morning though I found a volume which is found when I do a q libv but
does not exist as a storage pool volume.. How can this be so?

Q LIBV

SATADSMLIB1      910006          Private               Data

SATADSMLIB1      910007          Scratch

SATADSMLIB1      910008          Private               Data

SATADSMLIB1      910009          Private               Data

SELECT VOLUME_NAME FROM VOLUMES WHERE DEVCLASS_NAME='TAPE3590'

910006
910009

What's up with VOLUME 910008? A Private Data volume which does not exist in
my storage pools (I only have one tape device class).

Is there something I'm missing here?

Nathan King
MCSE, IBM ADSM CS
Open Systems Storage Management
*  (210) 913-5755
* Pager: 753-5755
* E-mail: nathan.king AT usaa DOT com

The opinions herein are mine and almost certainly do not reflect those of my
employer.