ADSM-L

Re: HSM MOUNT POINTS

1999-12-03 08:56:27
Subject: Re: HSM MOUNT POINTS
From: Vern Maxson <vmlist AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 05:56:27 -0800
I personally do not like using multiple filesystems
with the same mount points, like /DATA/ABC plus
/DATA/DEF.  You get into the problem of "current mount
directories".  If you try to do a restore and don't
have the same filesystems mounted that you had when
you did the backup, ADSM cannot find the files you
want.  You would be much better off with unique
filesystem names like /DATA.ABC.123 and /DATA.ABC.456.