ADSM-L

What/which *SM client software?

1999-12-01 11:35:31
Subject: What/which *SM client software?
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <ADSM AT MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 11:35:31 -0500
Could Mr. Raibeck of ADSM Client Development or someone in the
know explain the IBM/Tivoli position and plans wrt client development and
availability, please?

For example, though a number of "warts" have been discussed wrt the
3.7 clients, I don't see that any PTF versions have been made
available, nor can I find fix-test versions.

For example, on the win32intel platform, there has been fix-test activity
on the version 3.1 client as recently as last month.  Will there be a
3.1.0.8 PTF?  If so, good, but why, given a 3.7 client is available?

This and related info will help my planning toward getting out state of
the art client software, that hopefully works well, to my users.   Thanks!
(If this info is available someplace, just kick me in the general direction,
please)

cheers,

Wayne T. Smith                          ADSM AT Maine DOT edu
ADSM Technical Coordinator - UNET       University of Maine System