ADSM-L

Re: Help! Wangdat 3200 ...

1999-12-01 05:05:35
Subject: Re: Help! Wangdat 3200 ...
From: Walter Ridderhof <Walter.Ridderhof AT MAIL.ING DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 10:05:35 +0000
     Jerome,

     You say that there are no devices hogging the drive, does this include
     any generic NT tape device support ? Otherwise disable any and all
     generic NT tape device support (by the way does any (generic) NT tape
     device support see your tape drive ?).

     This may sound obvious, but did you check to see if the version ADSM
     you are using supports the Wangdat 3200 ? (see the device support list
     on the Tivoli site).

     I'm running out of answers, still got one though. If ADSM won't
     directly support the tape drive thru it's own device support, you can
     try to connect the drive to ADSM by defining the drive as a
     GENERICTAPE device type (see NT Admin guide pg 114), first make sure
     the NT device support is loaded. You can see which devices are visible
     to ADSM by opening the ADSM server utilities and viewing the contents
     of device information.

     regards Walter Ridderhof

Author:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> at INET-1
Date:    11/30/99 4:47 PM

Thanks for your response Walter. Actually, the ADSMscsi device driver will
not start. According to the NT Event Log, it is refusing to start because
of a "device not found" situation. According to the docs., this means that
the Wangdat is already being used by another driver. But I do NOT have any
other drivers loaded for this device. I have reinstalled ADSM 3 or 4 times
now. Still the same result.... a complete mystery to me..