ADSM-L

Re: Archive Directories & Expire performance

1999-11-29 11:06:37
Subject: Re: Archive Directories & Expire performance
From: Rejean Larivee <rlarivee AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:06:37 -0400
Hello,
there are some problems with expiration at 3.1.2.40
level of the server. The first one, IY05372 addresses
an intermittent hang during expiration. This apar is fixed
at the 3.1.2.42 level of the server. Another apar of
interest would be IY05562, deadlock during expiration.
The fix for this apar is not yet available but should be
soon. You should consider going to 3.1.2.42.
That should help your expiration process performance.

Since you mentionned you saw directories after
directories from the archives table then you may have
duplicate directories. The duplication of archive
directories was a problem introduced at v3. This issue
is discussed in apar IX89638, which is fixed at the 3.1.2.40
level of the server. You can remove duplicate archive
directories using the
  CLEAN ARCHDIRectories ...
command. Please refer to the 3.1.2.40 README file
for discussion on this new adsm admin command.
You also need your client to be at the 3.1.0.7 to stop
duplicate directories from being created again.
That should also help your expiration process performance.

Finally, please take a look at your database cache hit % ratio.
You may need to increase the database buffer pool size.
A bigger BUFPOOLSIZE will require more memory but will
also help expiration performance.

Good day !

Rejean Larivee
Rejean Larivee
IBM ADSM Level 2 Support

Arshad Munir <arshadmunir AT HOTMAIL DOT COM> on 11/28/99 02:55:47 PM