ADSM-L

Re: Tape Library Recommendation

1999-11-29 10:39:20
Subject: Re: Tape Library Recommendation
From: Mahesh Tailor <MTailor AT CARILION DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:39:20 -0500
Orin,

Does the 250MB take into account the number of copies you want for each
file?  Are you going to take tapes off-site?   What size do you think your
daily incremental backup is going to be? What platform are you [going to be]
running ADSM on?

Mahesh

>>> Orin Rehorst <rehorst AT POHA DOT COM> 11/29 10:24 AM >>>
*       What do you recommend for an entry level library on a limited >
budget?
*
*       I'm > backing up 8 servers and about 15 users. Could go
conceivably
up to 10 > servers and 100 users. Max storage of about 250 GB.

        > A single tape drive and a small one-drive library?
        >
        > A small library with two drives?
        >
        > DLT?
        >
        > What brand and model(s)?
        >
        > TIA

Orin Rehorst
Port of Houston Authority
(Largest U.S. Port in foreign tonnage)
e-mail:  rehorst AT poha DOT com <mailto:rehorst AT poha DOT com>
Phone:  (713)670-2443
Fax:      (713)670-2457
TOPAS web site: www.homestead.com/topas/topas.html