ADSM-L

Re: QUALSTAR 46120

1999-11-29 01:34:27
Subject: Re: QUALSTAR 46120
From: Michel <mhuber AT OPENMIC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 00:34:27 -0600
Tony,
   See if you can "ping" the SCSI addresses the tape drives are set to using the
AIX diagnostics SCSI bus analyzer service aid.  You can get to the service aids
by typing in diag at a root prompt.
   You should also verify that the SCSI adapter is placed in the correct slot in
the H50.
I've seen this problem before (diagnostics run fine to the adapter, but can't
talk to the
tape drives) when the SCSI adapter was placed in an unsupported slot in the
server.
You can check which slots support the SCSI adapters in the Installation and
Service
Guide for the H50, or in the PCI Adapter Placement Reference Guide.

Good luck!
'Chel

Michel Huber
Consultant