ADSM-L

Re: drmedia question

1999-11-24 12:52:02
Subject: Re: drmedia question
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:52:02 -0500
If this is a copy pool volume, you have to DELETE the volume with
DISCARDDATA=YES.

ADSM will update the data base to reflect the fact that all the files that
were on the volume no longer have a copy in that copy pool.

The next time you run BACKUP STGPOOL primarypoolname copypoolname

ADSM will put a new copy of all those files into the COPY pool, along with
any files that have just entered the primary pool.  It won't be an exact
rebuild of the dead tape, but it serves the purpose.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert