ADSM-L

I cannot restore data (and keep getting this message returned !)

1999-11-24 10:53:58
Subject: I cannot restore data (and keep getting this message returned !)
From: Vern Maxson <vmlist AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 07:53:58 -0800
Before you try the retrieve, make sure that you have
the filesystems mounted the same way that they were
mounted when you did the archive.  ADSM uses what it
calls the "current mount directory" to help keep track
of where files came from.  If your filesystems are
mounted differently when you try the restore, then
ADSM doesn't look in the same place for the files.
You might issue the "query archive" command and see
the files listed, but if you issue the "retrieve"
command for one of the files returned from the query,
ADSM cannot find it because it is looking for the file
down the path that you currently have mounted, not the
path that was mounted when the archive was done.

getting this message
> returned!)

> Please help.......
>         I am trying to retrieve data that was
archived about two weeks
> ago,
> I have an archive pool on disk which migrates
down to a tape pool, I have
> audited all the archive pools and tapes and have
found no errors, but when
> we try to retrieve the data we are getting to the
same point and are then
> getting a message from the client of 'file not
found' at which point the
> retrieve exits, with no other options. I need to
get this data back