ADSM-L

Re: Speeding up restores

1999-11-23 10:40:16
Subject: Re: Speeding up restores
From: "Mauro Jr, Frank" <Frank.MauroJr AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 10:40:16 -0500
We have a 50 GB databases with 35 TB backed up and 140 millions files. We
have two silo each holding 10 drives.

We don't use the ADSM collocation due to the number of servers backed up.
What we do is to created several separate storage pool for our most
important application.

We then schedule full backups which we run once a week for the application
requiring disaster recovery testing.

This worked great for us on our DR tests.

Frank Mauro
COS/ADSM Group
Liberty Mutual
(603)245-3207