ADSM-L

upgrading V3.1.0.7 to V3.1.0.7f2

1999-11-23 10:38:25
Subject: upgrading V3.1.0.7 to V3.1.0.7f2
From: "CANNAM, CYNTHIA L (SWBT)" <CC5657 AT MOMAIL.SBC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:38:25 -0600
To all:

We've recently had a user/systems administrator who's been complaining about
having to DEINSTALL the entire V3.1.0.7 client for 32-bit Intel clients when
he wants to apply the new V3.1.0.7f2 client code fix (which more or less
removes the performance counter problem he was experiencing). He says he
first gets a message telling him the install "can't create the registry",
but if he clicks the OK button at the prompt, the process continues to what
appears to be a complete and correct installation. The only way he's been
able to "get around" this "can't create the registry" problem is to actually
perform a complete DEINSTALL of the client code (including registry
entries), and then perform a fresh installation of the new code. I've tried
to recreate the problem, but have been unable to so far. He swears there's
nothing he's doing specifically to the machine, the OS, or to any other
component of the machine. The only thing he has offered is that his machines
are all NT servers as opposed to NT workstations. I have other NT systems
administrators who have upgraded their servers with the V3.1.0.7f2 code in
other areas, and they've not had this problem.

Has anyone else experienced this same problem with NT clients that are NT
servers (running NT 4.0 SP4 with ADSM V3.1.0.7 and above)?

Thanks!

Cindy

Cynthia L. (Cindy) Cannam, MBA
Southwestern Bell Telephone Systems Manager
ADSM Technical Support/Storage Mgt.
Office: (314)340-0722; Pager: (314)879-1696
Nearly Native Floridian freezing in the Midwest