ADSM-L

Re: Error when trying to backup DB2.

1999-11-23 05:30:52
Subject: Re: Error when trying to backup DB2.
From: Gyula Bereczky <bx AT MAIL.DATATRANS DOT HU>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:30:52 +0100
On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 04:46:24PM -0800, Jason E. Thomas wrote:
> SQL2062N  An error occured while accessing media
> "/db/app/db2v5.2/mirp1/sqllib/adsm/libadsm.a".  Reason code:  "420"
If I am looking at the right place ( dsmrc.h ) rc 420 is
DSM_RC_OPT_OPEN_FAILURE /* can't open file */
If I am right, this means something like it can't open the options file.
If so, please check your DSMI_CONFIG, DSMI_DIR variables.
Anyway, try to run "db2adutil query db <yourdb>" hopefully it will give a more
informative error message :).

--
                                                        bx
                                                        bx