ADSM-L

Re: Help: ANY HINTS TO SPEED UP LOADDB are welcome

1999-11-22 17:26:36
Subject: Re: Help: ANY HINTS TO SPEED UP LOADDB are welcome
From: "MAES, FRANCIS" <francis.maes AT FORTISBANK DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 23:26:36 +0100
Hello,

Yes, of course, it will be better to use a backup DB to restore but:
Our DB is 62GB big and the real used space is about 30GB. This crash was a
good reason (not the exact term but my english is poor) to reorganize the
DB. Otherwize, there is no way to reduce the DB once the space has been
used.
The last Full Backup is 2 weeks old and there are 26 incr. The full of
last week was missed. (problems are never coming alone). I was thinking it
should take too much time to read back all the full and incr cartridges.
(weekly full backup takes 6 to 7 hours to complete). Now, it seems that
LOADDB may be slower as RESTORE DB but I'm not sure. It is to be tested. The
problem is I have disk space enough for only one 62GB DB ;-).

Thanks a lot for your ideas.

Francis.

PS. After 10 hours, 1/10 of the DB is reloaded.......