ADSM-L

Re: Speeding up restores

1999-11-22 11:22:45
Subject: Re: Speeding up restores
From: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:22:45 +0100
Hello Chris,

with 3.1, things do not appear very nice. You have to take weekly archives
or force weekly selective of every files. Both will put a high load on your
network.

With TSM, looks better. You can, without taking any new backup/archive,
create backup sets or even better, instant archives.

Best regards,

Rene Lambelet
Nestec SA - 55, Av. Nestle - CH-1800 Vevey
Tel: ++41'21'924'35'43 / Fax: ++41'21'924'45'89
E-Mail: rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com