ADSM-L

Re: Help: ANY HINTS TO SPEED UP LOADDB are welcome

1999-11-22 08:48:29
Subject: Re: Help: ANY HINTS TO SPEED UP LOADDB are welcome
From: Andreas Buser <andreas.buser AT BASLER DOT CH>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 14:48:29 +0100
Hi Francis,

I don't have a tip, but the same thing happend to me. (sometimes it is of
use to know, that you are not alone with such kind of problems.)

Kind Regards
Andreas Buser

Tel: ++41 61 285 73 21  Fax: ++41 61 285 70 98

Email: Andreas.Buser AT Basler DOT ch

Address:
Basler Versicherungen
Andreas Buser
Abt. Informatik
Aeschengraben 21
4002 Basel
Switzerland

                    "MAES, FRANCIS"
                    <francis.maes@FORTI        An:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    SBANK.COM>                 Kopie:
                    Gesendet von:              Thema:  Help: ANY HINTS TO SPEED
UP LOADDB are welcome
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[email protected]

                    22.11.99 14:09
                    Bitte antworten an
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Hello,

Due to a server cancel during a DB BACKUP with a RECLOG FULL and at maximum
size (5.4GB), it is impossible to restart the server, impossible to extend
the RECLOG.
The only way I've found is to DUMP, FORMAT and LOADDB the DB.
The duration of the DUMP DB was about 6 hours for 428.632.091 DB entries
and
30497 MB copied (DB size 60GB).
The FORMAT was quick but the LOADDB is VERY VERY SLOW!!
About 10 times slower as the DUMP DB. This means an elapsed time of about
60
hours !!!!!
Any ideas to speed up this process are welcome.

Best regards

Francis