ADSM-L

Re: ADSM NT Server & Extended Device support costs.

1999-11-19 12:19:33
Subject: Re: ADSM NT Server & Extended Device support costs.
From: "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 12:19:33 -5
On 19 Nov 99, at 16:09, Kelly J. Lipp wrote:
> Then you can grow to the Qualstar BadBoy TLS 412360, 12 AIT2 drives, 360
> Tapes a Grundel of capacity.  Grundel being a technical term.  Did I mention
> it's way fast?  I saw 100 GB an hour tape to tape using only four drives
> (that's two streams, tape to tape).  Sustained.  I think this AIT2 stuff
> might catch on...

Based on our current practices and a large growth factor, IBM has
proposed to us an ADSM configuration using a 3494 library with 2000
slots and 4 3590-E drives.  This works out to 40tb of storate
(native).   The Qualstar 412360 works out to 18tb (native).  Any
recommendations for a bigger AIT library?  The only larger libraries
I'm aware of are the ADIC Scalar 1000 and the new (not even shipping
yet and no sftw support) Spectralogic 64k.

Thanks!

rick
Richard L. Rhodes     e: rhodesr AT firstenergycorp DOT com
Richard L. Rhodes     e: rhodesr AT firstenergycorp DOT com
Ohio Edison Co.       p: 330-384-4904
                      f: 330-384-2514