ADSM-L

Re: multiple ip stacks connected to adsm

1999-11-17 12:33:21
Subject: Re: multiple ip stacks connected to adsm
From: David T Jones <jonesd3 AT NATIONWIDE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:33:21 -0500
static routes

Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 11/17/99
11:52:55 AM

From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on
11/17/99
      11:52 AM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

> I have a need to access the same adsm server from two physically separate
networ
> ks.
>
> adsm server 3.1.2.40
> server os os/390 v1.3
> ibm tcp/ip v3.2
>
> One set of clients on a 100mb ethernet with no connection to the campus
network

> other set of clients on 10mb etherenet campus network.
>
> Any ideas on how to accomplish this?  I will be using two separate osa
cards
in
> the ibm.

It's been a while since I was directly involved in this sort of thing, but
think you can set up a single TCP/IP address space to support both OSA
cards.
I think you will need a LINK and DEVICE statement for each card in the
TCP/IP
configuration file. You will also need statements to tell TCP/IP which
interfaces to use for various ranges of destination IP addresses. I forget
what the keyword for that type of statement is.