ADSM-L

Antwort: Using db2 or oracle or whatever for the TSM DB

1999-11-17 02:22:27
Subject: Antwort: Using db2 or oracle or whatever for the TSM DB
From: "Mecki M." <rmeschon AT OTELO.IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 08:22:27 +0100
I think the thing is that the DB at this time is not transparent enough for
many of us.

There must be more tables we can't see with select.

Select statements have a very poor performance.

With performance it would be possible to introduce also other SQL-Commands
i.e. UNION.

I personally would like to edit some of the tables in case of an error
instead of auditing the db(i.e. pool id # not found).

Tuning the database for the special needs of one's environment should be
possible.

There might be more needs for other admins.

If the developers of *SM's DB could solve all those problems in the very
next future we don't need a g.p. database.

If not, please take a standard DB for performance and maintainability!
(Also: why reinventing the wheel?)

In case of using a standard don't forget to integrate all of the existing
functionality for those who are afraid of administrating a DB.

Regards
     Mecki