ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Exchange

1999-11-16 03:28:30
Subject: Re: TDP for Exchange
From: Frederic Landreville <landrefl AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:28:30 +0100
Exchange being the product it is, I would not dream of putting something
else on the same server... Even Microsoft does not recommend installing
other products such as SQL, Site server etc on the same server as
Exchange...

Using the Connect Agent on the same server with both Exchange and ADSM will
still send data through the Network... ADSM is a Client-Server product... It
uses IP to route data... (I did not try IP address 127.0.0.1...(local
loopback) might this work?))

ADSM is the heart of your backup strategy... it worth the investment of a
dedicated server...

Frederic Landreville    email: landrefl AT yahoo DOT com
Lead Technical Analyst --- Yahoo Messenger Id: LANDREFL
R.J. Reynolds International B.V. (Hilversum) Geneva Branch
14, Chemin Rieu CH-1211 Geneva 17
Switzerland
Tel: +41-22-703-0323 Fax: +41-22-703-0324

"FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION. It comes bundled with the software."