ADSM-L

Re: DB2 Backup expire

1999-11-15 08:17:54
Subject: Re: DB2 Backup expire
From: Mark Owens <Mark_Owens AT PRODIGY DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 08:17:54 -0500
Fabiano,

We use the DB2 api as well. A utility is provided named db2adutl which provides
at least a query and a delete function. Our DBA's issue db2adutl on the rs6k
were the DB2/6000 db
resides and perform a delete against the DB backups they want to delete. The
archived logs retention
are handled by the management class. I also
believe that the ADSM admin must set BACKDEL=yes when registering the node.
This permits the DB2 API to request deletion of the DB2 database backups in the
ADSM DB.

Hope this helps..........

--
Mark Owens