ADSM-L

Bare mental restore Windows NT 4.0 (profiles)

1999-11-11 08:24:41
Subject: Bare mental restore Windows NT 4.0 (profiles)
From: Anders Jacobsen <AJA AT MERKANTILDATA DOT DK>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:24:41 +0100
Hi!

I have som problems restoring my Administrator profile on a NT 4.0 box running
as BDC! - i install Winnt in a different dir. copy sam, etc. from MACHINE to
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\ and my DEFAULT AND \ADMINISTRATOR\*.* to
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\ but when i boot in shat shold be my old production
system, NT fine restore my old Administrator setting to
\profiles\administrator\, but i also creates a neww one whic is callled
\profiles\administrator.000 which is the on NT use! - what am i doing wrong and
what is the right way of doing it!?

Please help

Anders